- Plain women are always jealous of their husbands. Beautiful women never are. They are always so occupied with being jealous of other women’s husbands.
- It is in the character of very few men to honour without envy a friend who has prospered.
- Our envy of others devours us most of all.
- Jealousy lives upon doubts, it becomes madness or ceases entirely as soon as we pass from doubt to certainty.
Francois Duc de La Rochefoucauld
- So full of artless jealousy is guilt, it spills itself in fearing to be spilt.
- Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies.
Elizabeth E. Bowen
- Whoever envies another confesses his superiority.
Dr. Samuel Johnson
- The venom clamours of a jealous woman poison more deadly than a mad dog’s tooth.
- Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
- The envious man grows lean at the success of his neighbour.
- Jealousy is all the fun you think they had.
- Never waste jealousy on a real man: it is the imaginary man that supplants us all in the long run.
George Bernard Shaw
- It is not love that is blind, but jealousy.
1000 Questions for couples.
What you absolutely must know about your relationship - test your compatibility and grow deeper in love. Click here!*