- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
- Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
- There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God’s finger on man’s shoulder.
- You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover’s arms can only come later when you’re sure they won’t laugh if you trip.
Jonathan Carroll, “Outside the Dog Museum”
- Do I love you because you’re beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you?
Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella
- For you see, each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
- Forget love – I’d rather fall in chocolate!
Sandra J. Dykes
- Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.
- Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command.
- Such is the inconsistency of real love, that it is always awake to suspicion, however unreasonable; always requiring new assurances from the object of its interest.
- To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others.
- Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone – but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding.
- Clarity of mind means clarity of passion, too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves.
- The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
- Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.
Charles M. Schulz, Charlie Brown in “Peanuts”
- To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
David Viscott, How to Live with another Person, 1974
- Couples are jigsaw puzzles that hang together by touching in just enough points. They’re never total fits or misfits.
Diane Ackerman, One Hundred Names for Love: A Stroke, A Marriage, and the Language of Healing, 2011
- There’s a lot to be said for self-delusionment when it comes to matters of the heart.
Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, First Snow, 1993
- Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea;
And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
And I am Marie of Romania.
Quotes about moving on
SMS Love Notes
Miss you SMS
1000 Questions for couples.
What you absolutely must know about your relationship - test your compatibility and grow deeper in love. Click here!*
The secrets of flirting with men.
How to flirt with men: flirting secrets! Click here for more*.